Apr 14, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Red Sox have officially placed Jacoby Ellsbury on the 15-day disabled list with a subluxed right shoulder. As expected, Che-Hsuan Lin will replace him on the active roster.
11:02 AM: The Red Sox have yet to make an official announcement, but Jacoby Ellsbury just confirmed on his Twitter account that he has a subluxation (or separation) of his right shoulder.
Thx for all the well wishes. Subluxed my right shoulder in yesterday's game. No timetable set, working hard to get back as soon as possible.—
Jacoby Ellsbury (@JacobyEllsbury) April 14, 2012
Ellsbury is reportedly scheduled to undergo more tests to make sure he didn’t sustain any additional damage to the shoulder, but early estimates are that he’ll need to miss at least six weeks. Darnell McDonald, Cody Ross and Ryan Sweeney will start in the outfield for now while Che-Hsuan Lin is expected to be added to the roster before today’s game against the Rays.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup