Apr 14, 2012, 2:43 PM EDT
Hughes was chased early after the Angels touched him up for six runs on eight hits over just 3 1/3 innings. The big blows came courtesy of a two-run homer by Chris Iannetta in the top of the second inning and a three-run blast by Howie Kendrick in the fourth. Albert Pujols also mixed in an RBI double.
Hughes threw 52 out of 84 pitches for strikes while fanning six and walking a pair. David Phelps, who struck out four over 2 1/3 hitless innings in an extra-inning win over the Orioles on Tuesday, has taken over in relief and will try to keep the Yankees in this thing.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)