Apr 14, 2012, 5:31 PM EST
As speculated earlier this afternoon, the Twins just announced that outfielder Ben Revere has been optioned to Triple-A Rochester. Clete Thomas, who was claimed off waivers from the Tigers today, will take his place on the active roster.
This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, as Revere was essentially being wasted on the Twins’ bench. While the 23-year-old opened spring training as the projected starter in right field, the Twins were forced to call an audible after Justin Morneau declared that he would prefer to be a designated hitter. This made Chris Parmelee the starting first baseman and Ryan Doumit the primary right fielder. As a result, Revere logged just 11 at-bats over the first eight games of the season.
Chances are we’ll see Revere again on the big league level pretty soon. Morneau could eventually feel well enough to play first base again and Doumit isn’t exactly an iron man.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)