Apr 15, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
Bay suffered the injury while sliding head-first into a base in the second inning of Saturday’s 5-0 defeat of Philadelphia. Scott Hairston is filling in out in left field and batting fifth for the Mets on Sunday.
Bay, 33, is just 5-for-27 (.185) so far this season.
He posted a disappointing .245/.329/.374 slash line with 12 home runs and 57 RBI in 123 games last year.
- Report: MLB panel split on Josh Hamilton punishment; one-year suspension is in play 0
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 357
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (355)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (72)