Apr 15, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Bay suffered the injury while sliding head-first into a base in the second inning of Saturday’s 5-0 defeat of Philadelphia. Scott Hairston is filling in out in left field and batting fifth for the Mets on Sunday.
Bay, 33, is just 5-for-27 (.185) so far this season.
He posted a disappointing .245/.329/.374 slash line with 12 home runs and 57 RBI in 123 games last year.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)