Apr 15, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
Finally, a dose of good news for the Twins.
Blackburn made a premature exit from his start Saturday afternoon vs. the Rangers due to shoulder discomfort. But he’s going to avoid the disabled list and might not even miss a turn in the rotation.
Blackburn, 30, has surrendered 12 hits and seven earned runs in 11 1/3 innings so far this season. He registered a 4.49 ERA, 1.60 WHIP and 76/54 K/BB ratio across 148 1/3 frames last year.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 15
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 43
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (76)