Apr 15, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
Finally, a dose of good news for the Twins.
Blackburn made a premature exit from his start Saturday afternoon vs. the Rangers due to shoulder discomfort. But he’s going to avoid the disabled list and might not even miss a turn in the rotation.
Blackburn, 30, has surrendered 12 hits and seven earned runs in 11 1/3 innings so far this season. He registered a 4.49 ERA, 1.60 WHIP and 76/54 K/BB ratio across 148 1/3 frames last year.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)