Apr 15, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
Finally, a dose of good news for the Twins.
Blackburn made a premature exit from his start Saturday afternoon vs. the Rangers due to shoulder discomfort. But he’s going to avoid the disabled list and might not even miss a turn in the rotation.
Blackburn, 30, has surrendered 12 hits and seven earned runs in 11 1/3 innings so far this season. He registered a 4.49 ERA, 1.60 WHIP and 76/54 K/BB ratio across 148 1/3 frames last year.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)