Apr 15, 2012, 5:13 PM EDT
Cardinals utilityman Skip Schumaker could be ready to join the big league roster later this week.
Schumaker has been on the disabled list since the start of the regular season because of a torn right oblique muscle that he suffered in mid-March.
He hit .283/.333/.351 with two homers and 38 RBI in 400 plate appearances last year for the World Series champs, and will provide a backup presence this summer at second base, left field, right field, and in center.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 50
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)