Apr 15, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Kemp went 3-for-4 and hit his sixth homer Sunday as part of a 5-4 win over the Padres, moving the Dodgers to 9-1 on the season.
Kemp is batting .487 this season and has driven in 16 runs in the Dodgers’ 10 games. Ethier has 15 RBI. No one else in either league has more than 12 RBI. Combined, those two have knocked in 31 of the Dodgers’ 50 runs.
Kemp should have been the NL MVP last year, yet he’s already way ahead of his 2011 pace. After 10 games last season, he was hitting .441, but he had just one homer and five RBI.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 18
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 60
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)