Apr 15, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Kemp went 3-for-4 and hit his sixth homer Sunday as part of a 5-4 win over the Padres, moving the Dodgers to 9-1 on the season.
Kemp is batting .487 this season and has driven in 16 runs in the Dodgers’ 10 games. Ethier has 15 RBI. No one else in either league has more than 12 RBI. Combined, those two have knocked in 31 of the Dodgers’ 50 runs.
Kemp should have been the NL MVP last year, yet he’s already way ahead of his 2011 pace. After 10 games last season, he was hitting .441, but he had just one homer and five RBI.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)