Apr 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The Atlanta Braves announced this morning that they are going to retire John Smoltz‘s jersey and induct him into the Atlanta Braves Hall of Fame. There will be a ceremony honoring him June 8.
Well-deserved. There’s little need to recount Smoltz’s importance to those Braves teams that won the division nearly every single year. Overall, he was 213-155 with a 3.33 ERA and 3084 strikeouts in 3473 innings pitched. Oh, and he tacked on 154 saves and a 15-4, 2.67 record in the postseason.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination