Apr 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
The Atlanta Braves announced this morning that they are going to retire John Smoltz‘s jersey and induct him into the Atlanta Braves Hall of Fame. There will be a ceremony honoring him June 8.
Well-deserved. There’s little need to recount Smoltz’s importance to those Braves teams that won the division nearly every single year. Overall, he was 213-155 with a 3.33 ERA and 3084 strikeouts in 3473 innings pitched. Oh, and he tacked on 154 saves and a 15-4, 2.67 record in the postseason.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 85
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (85)