Apr 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The Atlanta Braves announced this morning that they are going to retire John Smoltz‘s jersey and induct him into the Atlanta Braves Hall of Fame. There will be a ceremony honoring him June 8.
Well-deserved. There’s little need to recount Smoltz’s importance to those Braves teams that won the division nearly every single year. Overall, he was 213-155 with a 3.33 ERA and 3084 strikeouts in 3473 innings pitched. Oh, and he tacked on 154 saves and a 15-4, 2.67 record in the postseason.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)