Apr 16, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Oh the benches were stained with tears and perspiration, the birdies were flying from tree to tree. There was little to say, there was no conversation, as I stepped to the stage to pick up my degree:
New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter will receive an honorary doctorate from Siena during its May 13 commencement.
Siena says it chose to give the degree to Jeter “in recognition of his leadership, accomplishments on the baseball field and dedication to improving the lives of young people through his Turn 2 Foundation.”
The degree will also make a note that he minored in clutchiness and captaincy.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)