Apr 16, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Two weeks of the season down, two weeks of Matt Kemp taking player of the week honors in the NL. He also won the last player of the week award last season, so it’s three straight for him. The kid is pretty good, no?
Kemp won the award again for a week in which he went 12-for-22, hit four home runs and had 26 total bases, helping lead the Dodgers to the best record in baseball. So far this season Kemp is hitting .487/.523/1.026 with six homers, which is pretty nuts, even for a small as heck sample size.
In the AL, the award went to Josh Willingham of the Minnesota Twins. In six games last week, Willingham batted .455 (10-for-22) with a double, three home runs, four RBI, three walks and six runs. On the season he’s hitting .419/.514/.871, leading the league in the latter two categories.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)