Apr 16, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Astros GM Jeff Luhnow told FOX 26 Sports there’s nothing to a report in USA Today that closer Brett Myers is on the trading block.
— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) April 16, 2012
Seems rather early for people to be shopping closers. Don’t you wait until someone is desperate? And no, I don’t count the Giants as desperate yet given that they have viable in-house options to replace Brian Wilson.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 2
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 113
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 3
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (116)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)