Apr 16, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Astros GM Jeff Luhnow told FOX 26 Sports there’s nothing to a report in USA Today that closer Brett Myers is on the trading block.
— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) April 16, 2012
Seems rather early for people to be shopping closers. Don’t you wait until someone is desperate? And no, I don’t count the Giants as desperate yet given that they have viable in-house options to replace Brian Wilson.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47