Apr 16, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
Astros GM Jeff Luhnow told FOX 26 Sports there’s nothing to a report in USA Today that closer Brett Myers is on the trading block.
— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) April 16, 2012
Seems rather early for people to be shopping closers. Don’t you wait until someone is desperate? And no, I don’t count the Giants as desperate yet given that they have viable in-house options to replace Brian Wilson.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)