Apr 16, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
For over three years the Oakland A’s have waited patiently for Major League Baseball to do … something with respect to their planned move to San Jose. Major League Baseball has studied it, they claim, but we all know that the study was a b.s. time killer. They could have researched and built an atom bomb in that time, so determining something like “San Jose > Oakland” wouldn’t have been too big a trick.
The A’s are tired of waiting. As the San Francisco Chronicle has learned that the A’s are going to try for an up-or-down vote on the San Jose move next month:
The Chronicle has learned that the A’s plan to put their stadium issue onto the agenda for next month’s owners meetings in New York.
A major-league source said the team is placing the stadium issue on the agenda in the hopes that a vote will be taken on the A’s desire to move to San Jose. The A’s have been waiting for more than three years for the issue to be resolved.
Given that the Giants oppose the move on territorial grounds and given that most other teams would likely not want to set a precedent which could undermine their own territorial rights, one presumes that the vote, if taken, will go against Oakland.
Which may be what they want and expect. Right now, one would think, they just want out of limbo. And forcing a vote on it may goose Major League Baseball into figuring out something for them, one way or another.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)