Apr 16, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
For over three years the Oakland A’s have waited patiently for Major League Baseball to do … something with respect to their planned move to San Jose. Major League Baseball has studied it, they claim, but we all know that the study was a b.s. time killer. They could have researched and built an atom bomb in that time, so determining something like “San Jose > Oakland” wouldn’t have been too big a trick.
The A’s are tired of waiting. As the San Francisco Chronicle has learned that the A’s are going to try for an up-or-down vote on the San Jose move next month:
The Chronicle has learned that the A’s plan to put their stadium issue onto the agenda for next month’s owners meetings in New York.
A major-league source said the team is placing the stadium issue on the agenda in the hopes that a vote will be taken on the A’s desire to move to San Jose. The A’s have been waiting for more than three years for the issue to be resolved.
Given that the Giants oppose the move on territorial grounds and given that most other teams would likely not want to set a precedent which could undermine their own territorial rights, one presumes that the vote, if taken, will go against Oakland.
Which may be what they want and expect. Right now, one would think, they just want out of limbo. And forcing a vote on it may goose Major League Baseball into figuring out something for them, one way or another.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 18
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 50
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)