Apr 16, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
When a celebrity — especially a local sports star — shows up on the jumbotron at a ballpark wearing the local team’s gear, you can almost always expect for the crowd to cheer. Almost:
Tim Tebow has work to do if he’s going to win over New York sports fans.
The new backup quarterback for the Jets was booed at Yankee Stadium on Sunday night when he was shown on the giant video board – even though he was wearing a Yankees cap.
Sitting in the third row next to the Los Angeles Angels dugout, Tebow cracked a smile and acknowledged the camera. There was a smattering of cheers, but most of the initial reactions were boos.
I didn’t see it when it happened, but the guy was sitting next to Dwayne Wade at the time. Did they show him too? Maybe that had something to do with it?
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 12
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 16
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8