Apr 17, 2012, 10:53 PM EST
Diamondbacks center fielder Chris Young was just led off by a trainer in Arizona after running into the outfield wall while making a fourth-inning catch.
Young was clutching his right shoulder as he walked, according to the Arizona Republic‘s Nick Piecoro, and could be looking at an extended absence if he suffered any level of structural damage.
Young was 1-for-2 in the game with a run scored. He’s batting .421/.511/.921 with five home runs, 13 RBI and two stolen bases in 11 games this year.
UPDATE, 11:44 PM: Young has merely been diagnosed with a right shoulder contusion but will have an MRI on Wednesday morning to be sure. This according to Piecoro’s Twitter feed.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)