Apr 17, 2012, 10:53 PM EDT
Diamondbacks center fielder Chris Young was just led off by a trainer in Arizona after running into the outfield wall while making a fourth-inning catch.
Young was clutching his right shoulder as he walked, according to the Arizona Republic‘s Nick Piecoro, and could be looking at an extended absence if he suffered any level of structural damage.
Young was 1-for-2 in the game with a run scored. He’s batting .421/.511/.921 with five home runs, 13 RBI and two stolen bases in 11 games this year.
UPDATE, 11:44 PM: Young has merely been diagnosed with a right shoulder contusion but will have an MRI on Wednesday morning to be sure. This according to Piecoro’s Twitter feed.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)