Apr 17, 2012, 10:53 PM EDT
Diamondbacks center fielder Chris Young was just led off by a trainer in Arizona after running into the outfield wall while making a fourth-inning catch.
Young was clutching his right shoulder as he walked, according to the Arizona Republic‘s Nick Piecoro, and could be looking at an extended absence if he suffered any level of structural damage.
Young was 1-for-2 in the game with a run scored. He’s batting .421/.511/.921 with five home runs, 13 RBI and two stolen bases in 11 games this year.
UPDATE, 11:44 PM: Young has merely been diagnosed with a right shoulder contusion but will have an MRI on Wednesday morning to be sure. This according to Piecoro’s Twitter feed.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)