Apr 17, 2012, 10:53 PM EST
Diamondbacks center fielder Chris Young was just led off by a trainer in Arizona after running into the outfield wall while making a fourth-inning catch.
Young was clutching his right shoulder as he walked, according to the Arizona Republic‘s Nick Piecoro, and could be looking at an extended absence if he suffered any level of structural damage.
Young was 1-for-2 in the game with a run scored. He’s batting .421/.511/.921 with five home runs, 13 RBI and two stolen bases in 11 games this year.
UPDATE, 11:44 PM: Young has merely been diagnosed with a right shoulder contusion but will have an MRI on Wednesday morning to be sure. This according to Piecoro’s Twitter feed.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)