Apr 17, 2012, 10:53 PM EDT
Diamondbacks center fielder Chris Young was just led off by a trainer in Arizona after running into the outfield wall while making a fourth-inning catch.
Young was clutching his right shoulder as he walked, according to the Arizona Republic‘s Nick Piecoro, and could be looking at an extended absence if he suffered any level of structural damage.
Young was 1-for-2 in the game with a run scored. He’s batting .421/.511/.921 with five home runs, 13 RBI and two stolen bases in 11 games this year.
UPDATE, 11:44 PM: Young has merely been diagnosed with a right shoulder contusion but will have an MRI on Wednesday morning to be sure. This according to Piecoro’s Twitter feed.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)