Apr 17, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Our Old Gator has taken to calling the Marlins Park home run feature “Tommy,” in tribute to the Who’s rock opera (or, more likely, in tribute to the garish film version of it). But Dave George of the Palm Beach Post is looking to formalize it a bit more:
I’m asking the creative and the cranky out there to submit potential nicknames for the merry monster of Marlins Park. The best suggestions will be mentioned in an upcoming column so don’t forget to include your name and city for proper credit.
Let me hear from you by e-mailing me, sending a letter to The Palm Beach Post at P.O. Box 24700, West Palm Beach, Fla., 33416-4700.
I’d write in with “Fidel” or something, but that would probably lead to me having to offer a tearful apology and finding myself suspended for five days. The rest of you can just do your best. Or, preferably, your worst.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)