Apr 17, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
He’s going to stay there. He just needs to be a little more aggressive in the zone and things will turn around.
So, Morel, who has walked twice and struck out 13 times in 29 at-bats this season, just needs to be more aggressive. Never mind that he’s racking up swinging strikes at 170 percent of the major league average thus far or that he is now sporting a lifetime .278 on-base percentage in 507 major league at-bats.
Actually, what the White Sox apparently really need is for Morel to bunt more. The lone major leaguer with three sacrifices on the season, he’s reached on an error on two of those plays.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)