Apr 17, 2012, 7:25 PM EST
He’s going to stay there. He just needs to be a little more aggressive in the zone and things will turn around.
So, Morel, who has walked twice and struck out 13 times in 29 at-bats this season, just needs to be more aggressive. Never mind that he’s racking up swinging strikes at 170 percent of the major league average thus far or that he is now sporting a lifetime .278 on-base percentage in 507 major league at-bats.
Actually, what the White Sox apparently really need is for Morel to bunt more. The lone major leaguer with three sacrifices on the season, he’s reached on an error on two of those plays.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (158)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)