Apr 17, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
General manager Ruben Amaro Jr. updated Chase Utley‘s status yesterday, although there really wasn’t a whole lot to update.
Amaro told Todd Zolecki of MLB.com that Utley “is moving forward” with his rehab from chronic knee problems and “his strength seems to be improving.”
However, there’s still no timetable for Utley’s return and so far there isn’t even any talk of him seeing game action at extended spring training.
Utley and the Phillies haven’t exactly been forthcoming about his status throughout all this, but his being able to simply workout again without significant discomfort is a positive development at the very least.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 63
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47