Apr 17, 2012, 8:51 AM EDT
This time last week Ozzie Guillen was in the middle of a firestorm. An apology and five games off later and Guillen is poised to return tonight, as the Marlins face the Cubs in Miami.
I’m going to be curious to see if there are protests of any real scale, boos or things of that nature tonight. Just a hunch, but I’m going to guess not. Maybe it’s different on the ground in Miami, but based on the news reports and the little if any protests or activity over the weekend, it seems like the air came out of this little hubbub almost immediately after Guillen’s apology.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)