Apr 17, 2012, 8:51 AM EST
This time last week Ozzie Guillen was in the middle of a firestorm. An apology and five games off later and Guillen is poised to return tonight, as the Marlins face the Cubs in Miami.
I’m going to be curious to see if there are protests of any real scale, boos or things of that nature tonight. Just a hunch, but I’m going to guess not. Maybe it’s different on the ground in Miami, but based on the news reports and the little if any protests or activity over the weekend, it seems like the air came out of this little hubbub almost immediately after Guillen’s apology.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (92)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)