Apr 17, 2012, 8:51 AM EDT
This time last week Ozzie Guillen was in the middle of a firestorm. An apology and five games off later and Guillen is poised to return tonight, as the Marlins face the Cubs in Miami.
I’m going to be curious to see if there are protests of any real scale, boos or things of that nature tonight. Just a hunch, but I’m going to guess not. Maybe it’s different on the ground in Miami, but based on the news reports and the little if any protests or activity over the weekend, it seems like the air came out of this little hubbub almost immediately after Guillen’s apology.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 0
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 28
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)