Apr 17, 2012, 8:51 AM EDT
This time last week Ozzie Guillen was in the middle of a firestorm. An apology and five games off later and Guillen is poised to return tonight, as the Marlins face the Cubs in Miami.
I’m going to be curious to see if there are protests of any real scale, boos or things of that nature tonight. Just a hunch, but I’m going to guess not. Maybe it’s different on the ground in Miami, but based on the news reports and the little if any protests or activity over the weekend, it seems like the air came out of this little hubbub almost immediately after Guillen’s apology.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)