Apr 17, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
Frazier was a 2007 first-round pick and was once considered a top prospect, but now he’s 26 years old and has hit just .261 with a .788 OPS in 246 games at Triple-A.
He has 15-homer power and some speed, which alone makes him a lot more intriguing than Cairo as a potential alternative to Scott Rolen at third base, but lots of strikeouts, few walks, and a poor batting average limit Frazier’s upside.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)