Apr 17, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Frazier was a 2007 first-round pick and was once considered a top prospect, but now he’s 26 years old and has hit just .261 with a .788 OPS in 246 games at Triple-A.
He has 15-homer power and some speed, which alone makes him a lot more intriguing than Cairo as a potential alternative to Scott Rolen at third base, but lots of strikeouts, few walks, and a poor batting average limit Frazier’s upside.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)