Apr 17, 2012, 1:31 PM EST
My wife is crying upstairs. I hear cars coming to the house. General Manager of mine, I think it’s time you told your Don what everyone seems to know:
It had been known for several days that veteran outfielder Johnny Damon was being fitted for his Indians uniform, but there was still the matter of making things official. Cleveland took that step on Tuesday, announcing that it had signed Damon to a one-year Minor League contract.
Damon is in Goodyear, Arizona getting up to playing speed. He’ll likely join the team in early May.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (118)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)