Apr 17, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
My wife is crying upstairs. I hear cars coming to the house. General Manager of mine, I think it’s time you told your Don what everyone seems to know:
It had been known for several days that veteran outfielder Johnny Damon was being fitted for his Indians uniform, but there was still the matter of making things official. Cleveland took that step on Tuesday, announcing that it had signed Damon to a one-year Minor League contract.
Damon is in Goodyear, Arizona getting up to playing speed. He’ll likely join the team in early May.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 136
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (139)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)