Apr 17, 2012, 10:34 AM EST
You don’t see this sort of thing very often for a guy who departed after free agency. Especially a few short months after. But the Mets are doing it:
According to a team source, the Mets will acknowledge Reyes’ nine years in New York with a video tribute on April 24, before the shortstop’s Citi Field unveiling as a Miami Marlin. That game opens a three-game series.
I think it’s nice when a team acknowledges past players, no matter the circumstances of the departure. But I have this feeling someone with a column in New York is gonna think this is a problem.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 71
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)