Apr 17, 2012, 10:34 AM EST
You don’t see this sort of thing very often for a guy who departed after free agency. Especially a few short months after. But the Mets are doing it:
According to a team source, the Mets will acknowledge Reyes’ nine years in New York with a video tribute on April 24, before the shortstop’s Citi Field unveiling as a Miami Marlin. That game opens a three-game series.
I think it’s nice when a team acknowledges past players, no matter the circumstances of the departure. But I have this feeling someone with a column in New York is gonna think this is a problem.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27