Apr 17, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Showtime has posted the official trailer for this season of “The Franchise” starring Ozzie Guillen and the Marlins. There’s way too much Jeffrey Loria for my tastes, but the preview is definitely intriguing enough to snag me as a viewer.
Among other things, it shows Hanley Ramirez and Jose Reyes hanging out, playing video games, and being buddies–remember all the offseason speculation to the contrary?–along with Guillen being awesome in the clubhouse and not so awesome when talking about (and later apologizing for talking about) Fidel Castro. And it even goes behind the scenes to show the actual meeting where the Marlins suspended Guillen.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)