Apr 17, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Showtime has posted the official trailer for this season of “The Franchise” starring Ozzie Guillen and the Marlins. There’s way too much Jeffrey Loria for my tastes, but the preview is definitely intriguing enough to snag me as a viewer.
Among other things, it shows Hanley Ramirez and Jose Reyes hanging out, playing video games, and being buddies–remember all the offseason speculation to the contrary?–along with Guillen being awesome in the clubhouse and not so awesome when talking about (and later apologizing for talking about) Fidel Castro. And it even goes behind the scenes to show the actual meeting where the Marlins suspended Guillen.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 44
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)