Apr 17, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Showtime has posted the official trailer for this season of “The Franchise” starring Ozzie Guillen and the Marlins. There’s way too much Jeffrey Loria for my tastes, but the preview is definitely intriguing enough to snag me as a viewer.
Among other things, it shows Hanley Ramirez and Jose Reyes hanging out, playing video games, and being buddies–remember all the offseason speculation to the contrary?–along with Guillen being awesome in the clubhouse and not so awesome when talking about (and later apologizing for talking about) Fidel Castro. And it even goes behind the scenes to show the actual meeting where the Marlins suspended Guillen.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)