Apr 17, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Showtime has posted the official trailer for this season of “The Franchise” starring Ozzie Guillen and the Marlins. There’s way too much Jeffrey Loria for my tastes, but the preview is definitely intriguing enough to snag me as a viewer.
Among other things, it shows Hanley Ramirez and Jose Reyes hanging out, playing video games, and being buddies–remember all the offseason speculation to the contrary?–along with Guillen being awesome in the clubhouse and not so awesome when talking about (and later apologizing for talking about) Fidel Castro. And it even goes behind the scenes to show the actual meeting where the Marlins suspended Guillen.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)