Apr 17, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Showtime has posted the official trailer for this season of “The Franchise” starring Ozzie Guillen and the Marlins. There’s way too much Jeffrey Loria for my tastes, but the preview is definitely intriguing enough to snag me as a viewer.
Among other things, it shows Hanley Ramirez and Jose Reyes hanging out, playing video games, and being buddies–remember all the offseason speculation to the contrary?–along with Guillen being awesome in the clubhouse and not so awesome when talking about (and later apologizing for talking about) Fidel Castro. And it even goes behind the scenes to show the actual meeting where the Marlins suspended Guillen.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 23
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 35
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)