Apr 18, 2012, 1:23 PM EST
Orioles prospect Dylan Bundy is up to nine hitless innings for low-A Delmarva, but he did walk a batter last night. It’s the only batter to reach against him so far this season.
Bundy, the fourth overall pick in last year’s draft, has been limited to three innings an outing by the Orioles thus far, hence the total of nine innings pitched to date. He’s struck out 15 of the 28 batters he’s faced.
The Orioles gave Bundy a major league contract out of high school, so he’s already on the 40-man roster. Still, they’re being exceptionally careful with him anyway. Possessing a high-90s fastball and a strong curve, he has as much upside as any pitcher in the minors. Still, while he might actually be capable of succeeding in the majors at the tender age of 19, it’s highly unlikely that he’ll pitch for Baltimore this season. It’ll be tougher for the Orioles to hold him back next year if he starts the year overmatching Double-A hitters.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 285
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (286)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)