Apr 18, 2012, 1:23 PM EDT
Orioles prospect Dylan Bundy is up to nine hitless innings for low-A Delmarva, but he did walk a batter last night. It’s the only batter to reach against him so far this season.
Bundy, the fourth overall pick in last year’s draft, has been limited to three innings an outing by the Orioles thus far, hence the total of nine innings pitched to date. He’s struck out 15 of the 28 batters he’s faced.
The Orioles gave Bundy a major league contract out of high school, so he’s already on the 40-man roster. Still, they’re being exceptionally careful with him anyway. Possessing a high-90s fastball and a strong curve, he has as much upside as any pitcher in the minors. Still, while he might actually be capable of succeeding in the majors at the tender age of 19, it’s highly unlikely that he’ll pitch for Baltimore this season. It’ll be tougher for the Orioles to hold him back next year if he starts the year overmatching Double-A hitters.
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 6
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 18
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 36
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 58
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (108)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings