Apr 18, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Carl Crawford took a big step in his recovery from wrist surgery and recent elbow problems, playing in an extended spring training game yesterday for the first time.
Crawford batted four times, felt healthy enough to attempt a stolen base, and manager Bobby Valentine told reporters that he “felt great after the game.”
However, he’s still several days away from being clear to throw and was limited to designated hitter duties yesterday. In other words, returning to game action is major progress but Crawford is still not close to actually coming off the disabled list.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins