Apr 18, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
Good news this evening out of northeast Ohio.
According to Nick Camino of Cleveland’s WTAM 1100, outfielder Grady Sizemore was cleared by doctors Wednesday to “initiate baseball activities next week.” He’ll start with light drills before moving on to batting practice and then simulated games.
Sizemore was placed on the disabled list just before the start of the regular season due to his ongoing recovery from early-March lower back surgery.
He has also dealt with chronic knee issues over the past few seasons.
The Indians are hoping that Sizemore will be ready to join their starting lineup in late May or early June.
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 0
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 31
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 174
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (174)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)