Apr 18, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
Good news this evening out of northeast Ohio.
According to Nick Camino of Cleveland’s WTAM 1100, outfielder Grady Sizemore was cleared by doctors Wednesday to “initiate baseball activities next week.” He’ll start with light drills before moving on to batting practice and then simulated games.
Sizemore was placed on the disabled list just before the start of the regular season due to his ongoing recovery from early-March lower back surgery.
He has also dealt with chronic knee issues over the past few seasons.
The Indians are hoping that Sizemore will be ready to join their starting lineup in late May or early June.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)