Apr 18, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
Good news this evening out of northeast Ohio.
According to Nick Camino of Cleveland’s WTAM 1100, outfielder Grady Sizemore was cleared by doctors Wednesday to “initiate baseball activities next week.” He’ll start with light drills before moving on to batting practice and then simulated games.
Sizemore was placed on the disabled list just before the start of the regular season due to his ongoing recovery from early-March lower back surgery.
He has also dealt with chronic knee issues over the past few seasons.
The Indians are hoping that Sizemore will be ready to join their starting lineup in late May or early June.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (234)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)