Apr 18, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
Good news this evening out of northeast Ohio.
According to Nick Camino of Cleveland’s WTAM 1100, outfielder Grady Sizemore was cleared by doctors Wednesday to “initiate baseball activities next week.” He’ll start with light drills before moving on to batting practice and then simulated games.
Sizemore was placed on the disabled list just before the start of the regular season due to his ongoing recovery from early-March lower back surgery.
He has also dealt with chronic knee issues over the past few seasons.
The Indians are hoping that Sizemore will be ready to join their starting lineup in late May or early June.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)