Apr 18, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
Former All-Star outfielder Lenny Dykstra pleaded no contest in a Los Angeles courtroom Wednesday to one count each of assault with a deadly weapon and lewd conduct. He was sentenced to nine months in jail and three years’ probation.
It came to light last year that Dykstra was placing ads on Craigslist for personal assistants and housekeepers. Prosecutors said he exposed himself to several women who responded to those ads. During one incident, prosecutors say, Dykstra held a knife and forced the woman to give him a massage.
In March, Dykstra was sentenced to three years in prison after pleading no contest to grand theft auto and providing a false financial statement. He is currently awaiting trial on federal bankruptcy charges.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)