Apr 18, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
Former All-Star outfielder Lenny Dykstra pleaded no contest in a Los Angeles courtroom Wednesday to one count each of assault with a deadly weapon and lewd conduct. He was sentenced to nine months in jail and three years’ probation.
It came to light last year that Dykstra was placing ads on Craigslist for personal assistants and housekeepers. Prosecutors said he exposed himself to several women who responded to those ads. During one incident, prosecutors say, Dykstra held a knife and forced the woman to give him a massage.
In March, Dykstra was sentenced to three years in prison after pleading no contest to grand theft auto and providing a false financial statement. He is currently awaiting trial on federal bankruptcy charges.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)