Apr 18, 2012, 6:03 PM EDT
Former All-Star outfielder Lenny Dykstra pleaded no contest in a Los Angeles courtroom Wednesday to one count each of assault with a deadly weapon and lewd conduct. He was sentenced to nine months in jail and three years’ probation.
It came to light last year that Dykstra was placing ads on Craigslist for personal assistants and housekeepers. Prosecutors said he exposed himself to several women who responded to those ads. During one incident, prosecutors say, Dykstra held a knife and forced the woman to give him a massage.
In March, Dykstra was sentenced to three years in prison after pleading no contest to grand theft auto and providing a false financial statement. He is currently awaiting trial on federal bankruptcy charges.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 29
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)