Apr 18, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Last summer we learned that FanGraphs/U.S.S. Mariner’s Dave Cameron was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. That sucked. Better news: he’s in remission, and he’s not stopping.
Doug Miller of MLB.com has Dave’s story. Not just about his cancer and the road to what we all hope is its ultimate cure, but about his life too. And it’s a great read.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 127
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (150)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)