Apr 18, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Chris Young left yesterday’s game in the fourth inning after slamming his right shoulder into the outfield wall while making a catch and the Diamondbacks have placed the center fielder on the disabled list.
Young underwent an MRI exam this morning, but for now the Diamondbacks are calling the injury a “shoulder contusion.”
Earlier today Arizona called up Triple-A center fielder and 2009 first-round pick A.J. Pollock to replace injured utility man Geoff Blum, and he could get a look filling in for Young if Gerardo Parra is needed subbing for the Diamondbacks’ other banged-up outfielder, Justin Upton.
Young was off to a huge start, hitting .410 with five homers and a 1.397 OPS through 11 games.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)