Apr 18, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Chris Young left yesterday’s game in the fourth inning after slamming his right shoulder into the outfield wall while making a catch and the Diamondbacks have placed the center fielder on the disabled list.
Young underwent an MRI exam this morning, but for now the Diamondbacks are calling the injury a “shoulder contusion.”
Earlier today Arizona called up Triple-A center fielder and 2009 first-round pick A.J. Pollock to replace injured utility man Geoff Blum, and he could get a look filling in for Young if Gerardo Parra is needed subbing for the Diamondbacks’ other banged-up outfielder, Justin Upton.
Young was off to a huge start, hitting .410 with five homers and a 1.397 OPS through 11 games.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 32
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 46
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32