Apr 18, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Chris Young left yesterday’s game in the fourth inning after slamming his right shoulder into the outfield wall while making a catch and the Diamondbacks have placed the center fielder on the disabled list.
Young underwent an MRI exam this morning, but for now the Diamondbacks are calling the injury a “shoulder contusion.”
Earlier today Arizona called up Triple-A center fielder and 2009 first-round pick A.J. Pollock to replace injured utility man Geoff Blum, and he could get a look filling in for Young if Gerardo Parra is needed subbing for the Diamondbacks’ other banged-up outfielder, Justin Upton.
Young was off to a huge start, hitting .410 with five homers and a 1.397 OPS through 11 games.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 24
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 16
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)