Apr 18, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Chris Young left yesterday’s game in the fourth inning after slamming his right shoulder into the outfield wall while making a catch and the Diamondbacks have placed the center fielder on the disabled list.
Young underwent an MRI exam this morning, but for now the Diamondbacks are calling the injury a “shoulder contusion.”
Earlier today Arizona called up Triple-A center fielder and 2009 first-round pick A.J. Pollock to replace injured utility man Geoff Blum, and he could get a look filling in for Young if Gerardo Parra is needed subbing for the Diamondbacks’ other banged-up outfielder, Justin Upton.
Young was off to a huge start, hitting .410 with five homers and a 1.397 OPS through 11 games.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)