Apr 18, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Chris Young left yesterday’s game in the fourth inning after slamming his right shoulder into the outfield wall while making a catch and the Diamondbacks have placed the center fielder on the disabled list.
Young underwent an MRI exam this morning, but for now the Diamondbacks are calling the injury a “shoulder contusion.”
Earlier today Arizona called up Triple-A center fielder and 2009 first-round pick A.J. Pollock to replace injured utility man Geoff Blum, and he could get a look filling in for Young if Gerardo Parra is needed subbing for the Diamondbacks’ other banged-up outfielder, Justin Upton.
Young was off to a huge start, hitting .410 with five homers and a 1.397 OPS through 11 games.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 40
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 10
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 44
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months