Apr 18, 2012, 11:03 PM EST
Cody Eppley, a right-handed reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
It’s not clear when Gardner suffered the elbow strain or how long he is expected to be on the shelf. But it’s certainly a tough early blow to the 6-6 Bombers.
Gardner has hit .321/.424/.393 with three RBI and two stolen bases in 10 games this season. Andruw Jones will presumably get the majority of playing time in left field while the 28-year-old speedster is out.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (101)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)