Apr 18, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
Cody Eppley, a right-handed reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
It’s not clear when Gardner suffered the elbow strain or how long he is expected to be on the shelf. But it’s certainly a tough early blow to the 6-6 Bombers.
Gardner has hit .321/.424/.393 with three RBI and two stolen bases in 10 games this season. Andruw Jones will presumably get the majority of playing time in left field while the 28-year-old speedster is out.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 39
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 25
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)