Apr 18, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
Cody Eppley, a right-handed reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
It’s not clear when Gardner suffered the elbow strain or how long he is expected to be on the shelf. But it’s certainly a tough early blow to the 6-6 Bombers.
Gardner has hit .321/.424/.393 with three RBI and two stolen bases in 10 games this season. Andruw Jones will presumably get the majority of playing time in left field while the 28-year-old speedster is out.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 21
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 12
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 20
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)