Apr 19, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
We noted in ATH that Bartolo Colon flummoxed the Angels last night. But it wasn’t with slight of hand and trickery. Nope: he just pounded the strike zone to within an inch of its life.
Here, in video form, is Bartolo Colon throwing 38 straight strikes.
Overall he threw 108 pitches, 82 of them for strikes. It’s been years since the man has been in his prime, but this is proof positive that one need not be at the top of one’s form in order to have success as a major league pitcher. One must merely throw strikes.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)