Apr 19, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
We noted in ATH that Bartolo Colon flummoxed the Angels last night. But it wasn’t with slight of hand and trickery. Nope: he just pounded the strike zone to within an inch of its life.
Here, in video form, is Bartolo Colon throwing 38 straight strikes.
Overall he threw 108 pitches, 82 of them for strikes. It’s been years since the man has been in his prime, but this is proof positive that one need not be at the top of one’s form in order to have success as a major league pitcher. One must merely throw strikes.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 41
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)