Apr 19, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
We noted in ATH that Bartolo Colon flummoxed the Angels last night. But it wasn’t with slight of hand and trickery. Nope: he just pounded the strike zone to within an inch of its life.
Here, in video form, is Bartolo Colon throwing 38 straight strikes.
Overall he threw 108 pitches, 82 of them for strikes. It’s been years since the man has been in his prime, but this is proof positive that one need not be at the top of one’s form in order to have success as a major league pitcher. One must merely throw strikes.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (96)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (85)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)