Apr 19, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
We noted in ATH that Bartolo Colon flummoxed the Angels last night. But it wasn’t with slight of hand and trickery. Nope: he just pounded the strike zone to within an inch of its life.
Here, in video form, is Bartolo Colon throwing 38 straight strikes.
Overall he threw 108 pitches, 82 of them for strikes. It’s been years since the man has been in his prime, but this is proof positive that one need not be at the top of one’s form in order to have success as a major league pitcher. One must merely throw strikes.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)