Apr 19, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
We noted in ATH that Bartolo Colon flummoxed the Angels last night. But it wasn’t with slight of hand and trickery. Nope: he just pounded the strike zone to within an inch of its life.
Here, in video form, is Bartolo Colon throwing 38 straight strikes.
Overall he threw 108 pitches, 82 of them for strikes. It’s been years since the man has been in his prime, but this is proof positive that one need not be at the top of one’s form in order to have success as a major league pitcher. One must merely throw strikes.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)