Apr 19, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The Cardinals are kind of a juggernaut at the moment, and one of the reasons they’re so remarkable is that they’ve been doing what they’ve been doing despite a number of injuries.
But at some point that ceases to be neat and starts to be concerning. Maybe that point is today, as they saw yet another player go down: Jon Jay, who left this afternoon’s Cardinals-Reds game after slamming into the center field wall for no apparent reason.
The shoulder is sprained, they say, and he shouldn’t go on the DL or anything — he’s listed as day-to-day — but the Cardinals probably don’t need any more banged up players.
- J.A. Happ is thriving with the Pirates 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 44
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 68
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 149
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (149)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)