Apr 19, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The Cardinals are kind of a juggernaut at the moment, and one of the reasons they’re so remarkable is that they’ve been doing what they’ve been doing despite a number of injuries.
But at some point that ceases to be neat and starts to be concerning. Maybe that point is today, as they saw yet another player go down: Jon Jay, who left this afternoon’s Cardinals-Reds game after slamming into the center field wall for no apparent reason.
The shoulder is sprained, they say, and he shouldn’t go on the DL or anything — he’s listed as day-to-day — but the Cardinals probably don’t need any more banged up players.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)