Apr 19, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
The Cardinals are kind of a juggernaut at the moment, and one of the reasons they’re so remarkable is that they’ve been doing what they’ve been doing despite a number of injuries.
But at some point that ceases to be neat and starts to be concerning. Maybe that point is today, as they saw yet another player go down: Jon Jay, who left this afternoon’s Cardinals-Reds game after slamming into the center field wall for no apparent reason.
The shoulder is sprained, they say, and he shouldn’t go on the DL or anything — he’s listed as day-to-day — but the Cardinals probably don’t need any more banged up players.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)