Apr 19, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
According to Gurnick the Dodgers are “concerned the injury could be something serious.”
Don Mattingly noted that the team’s training staff informed him that Uribe “can play defense but not bat,” which is a pretty accurate description of his abilities at this point regardless of the injury.
Jerry Hairston Jr. got the start at third base today and replacing Uribe won’t be all that difficult considering he’s hit just .207 with a ghastly .267 on-base percentage and .289 slugging percentage in 87 games since signing with the Dodgers last offseason. He’s making $8 million this season and is owed another $8 million next year.
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 28
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)