Apr 19, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
According to Gurnick the Dodgers are “concerned the injury could be something serious.”
Don Mattingly noted that the team’s training staff informed him that Uribe “can play defense but not bat,” which is a pretty accurate description of his abilities at this point regardless of the injury.
Jerry Hairston Jr. got the start at third base today and replacing Uribe won’t be all that difficult considering he’s hit just .207 with a ghastly .267 on-base percentage and .289 slugging percentage in 87 games since signing with the Dodgers last offseason. He’s making $8 million this season and is owed another $8 million next year.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)