Apr 19, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
According to Gurnick the Dodgers are “concerned the injury could be something serious.”
Don Mattingly noted that the team’s training staff informed him that Uribe “can play defense but not bat,” which is a pretty accurate description of his abilities at this point regardless of the injury.
Jerry Hairston Jr. got the start at third base today and replacing Uribe won’t be all that difficult considering he’s hit just .207 with a ghastly .267 on-base percentage and .289 slugging percentage in 87 games since signing with the Dodgers last offseason. He’s making $8 million this season and is owed another $8 million next year.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)