Apr 19, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
The Fenway Park that will celebrate its 100th anniversary tomorrow is a radically different place than it was in 1912. Heck, it’s a substantially different place than it was in 2002 when the new owners took over and made the masterful renovations that make the park a gem today.
But for every good idea there are some not-so-good ideas that never made it past the planning stages. Alex Speier of WEEI details some of those in a fun article today.
Among the ideas: bullpen seats. Theater boxes patrons would climb a ladder to get to. Luxury boxes above the Green Monster. Rooftop seats not unlike Wrigley Field. All of which probably sounded good for a couple of seconds but which, thankfully, never came to pass.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)