Apr 19, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
The Fenway Park that will celebrate its 100th anniversary tomorrow is a radically different place than it was in 1912. Heck, it’s a substantially different place than it was in 2002 when the new owners took over and made the masterful renovations that make the park a gem today.
But for every good idea there are some not-so-good ideas that never made it past the planning stages. Alex Speier of WEEI details some of those in a fun article today.
Among the ideas: bullpen seats. Theater boxes patrons would climb a ladder to get to. Luxury boxes above the Green Monster. Rooftop seats not unlike Wrigley Field. All of which probably sounded good for a couple of seconds but which, thankfully, never came to pass.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)