Apr 19, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
The Fenway Park that will celebrate its 100th anniversary tomorrow is a radically different place than it was in 1912. Heck, it’s a substantially different place than it was in 2002 when the new owners took over and made the masterful renovations that make the park a gem today.
But for every good idea there are some not-so-good ideas that never made it past the planning stages. Alex Speier of WEEI details some of those in a fun article today.
Among the ideas: bullpen seats. Theater boxes patrons would climb a ladder to get to. Luxury boxes above the Green Monster. Rooftop seats not unlike Wrigley Field. All of which probably sounded good for a couple of seconds but which, thankfully, never came to pass.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 64
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)