Apr 19, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
The Fenway Park that will celebrate its 100th anniversary tomorrow is a radically different place than it was in 1912. Heck, it’s a substantially different place than it was in 2002 when the new owners took over and made the masterful renovations that make the park a gem today.
But for every good idea there are some not-so-good ideas that never made it past the planning stages. Alex Speier of WEEI details some of those in a fun article today.
Among the ideas: bullpen seats. Theater boxes patrons would climb a ladder to get to. Luxury boxes above the Green Monster. Rooftop seats not unlike Wrigley Field. All of which probably sounded good for a couple of seconds but which, thankfully, never came to pass.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 26
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)