Apr 19, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Viva organizational depth: The Yankees have signed Nelson Figueroa to a minor league deal.
Figueroa was in the Blue Jays system to start the season, but hasn’t made any major or minor league appearances in 2012. Last year he posted a 8.69 ERA in 29 innings for the Astros before being cut loose, signed by the Pirates and then cut loose again.
He can start. He can come out of the pen. He’s just probably past the point where he can do it effectively for a championship-caliber club.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 17
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)