Apr 19, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Viva organizational depth: The Yankees have signed Nelson Figueroa to a minor league deal.
Figueroa was in the Blue Jays system to start the season, but hasn’t made any major or minor league appearances in 2012. Last year he posted a 8.69 ERA in 29 innings for the Astros before being cut loose, signed by the Pirates and then cut loose again.
He can start. He can come out of the pen. He’s just probably past the point where he can do it effectively for a championship-caliber club.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 23
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 82
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (82)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)