Apr 19, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
I’m not sure when the Fenway Park centennial celebration became an awards show after party, but apparently the guest list is pretty darn important. First there was the no/yes status of Terry Francona. Now it’s Theo Epstein’s absence that is making headlines.
Here’s Sean McAdam, reporting that Theo wasn’t even invited:
The news came as a surprise to principal owner John Henry, who said he was unaware of the decision until contacted by a reporter.
“Apparently we decided to just invite uniformed personnel,” said Henry, noting that the team hadn’t invited former GMs Mike Port and Dan Duquette either.
No Mike Port! God, those bastards!
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)