Apr 19, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Opinions varied pretty wildly, but the general feeling seems to be that one percent is probably the maximum and significantly less than one percent is very possible.
All of which brings me to this promotion from the Fort Myers Miracle, which is the Minnesota Twins’ high Single-A affiliate in the Florida State League:
Think you can throw harder than Jamie Moyer? Tonight at speed pitch if you throw harder than 78 you get a free ticket to a future game.
— Fort Myers Miracle (@MiracleBaseball) April 19, 2012
In related news: Gonna be a lot of shattered egos and sore shoulders in Fort Myers tonight.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)