Apr 19, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Opinions varied pretty wildly, but the general feeling seems to be that one percent is probably the maximum and significantly less than one percent is very possible.
All of which brings me to this promotion from the Fort Myers Miracle, which is the Minnesota Twins’ high Single-A affiliate in the Florida State League:
Think you can throw harder than Jamie Moyer? Tonight at speed pitch if you throw harder than 78 you get a free ticket to a future game.
— Fort Myers Miracle (@MiracleBaseball) April 19, 2012
In related news: Gonna be a lot of shattered egos and sore shoulders in Fort Myers tonight.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 10
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)