Apr 19, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Opinions varied pretty wildly, but the general feeling seems to be that one percent is probably the maximum and significantly less than one percent is very possible.
All of which brings me to this promotion from the Fort Myers Miracle, which is the Minnesota Twins’ high Single-A affiliate in the Florida State League:
Think you can throw harder than Jamie Moyer? Tonight at speed pitch if you throw harder than 78 you get a free ticket to a future game.
— Fort Myers Miracle (@MiracleBaseball) April 19, 2012
In related news: Gonna be a lot of shattered egos and sore shoulders in Fort Myers tonight.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 48
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 40
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)