Apr 19, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Opinions varied pretty wildly, but the general feeling seems to be that one percent is probably the maximum and significantly less than one percent is very possible.
All of which brings me to this promotion from the Fort Myers Miracle, which is the Minnesota Twins’ high Single-A affiliate in the Florida State League:
Think you can throw harder than Jamie Moyer? Tonight at speed pitch if you throw harder than 78 you get a free ticket to a future game.
— Fort Myers Miracle (@MiracleBaseball) April 19, 2012
In related news: Gonna be a lot of shattered egos and sore shoulders in Fort Myers tonight.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 81
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)