Apr 20, 2012, 9:29 AM EDT
Some dreams never die. And for as crazy as Jose Canseco is, at least give him credit for not quitting:
The Worcester Tornadoes today signed former Major League Outfielder & Designated Hitter Jose Canseco to a one season contract. The native Cuban spent parts of 17 seasons in the majors, mashing 462 homeruns … Team owner, Todd Breighner, says “We’re very optimistic Jose will be a very solid ball player for the Tornadoes as our goal is to continue to bring high-level baseball to Worcester.
Worcester is part of the independent Can-Am league — which used to sorta be the Northeast League — which is probably the equivalent of A-ball.
I predict Canseco will hit several home runs, post a pretty low average and then part ways with the team after, oh, 30 games or so for reasons that are not at all clear to anyone other than Jose Canseco.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (68)