Apr 20, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Yesterday I said that MLB waited until after 5pm to release the names of minor leaguers who were suspended for drugs. I think they’re messing with me now, because they released today’s at 3:38 PM. Anyway:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Los Angeles Dodgers Minor League pitcher Angel Guzman has received a 50-game suspension after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse.
Guzman hasn’t been in the majors since 2009. In early 2010 he tore all kinds of stuff in his shoulder, and spent last year in A-ball. Guess it’s been a bad couple of years for him.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29