Apr 20, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Yesterday I said that MLB waited until after 5pm to release the names of minor leaguers who were suspended for drugs. I think they’re messing with me now, because they released today’s at 3:38 PM. Anyway:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Los Angeles Dodgers Minor League pitcher Angel Guzman has received a 50-game suspension after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse.
Guzman hasn’t been in the majors since 2009. In early 2010 he tore all kinds of stuff in his shoulder, and spent last year in A-ball. Guess it’s been a bad couple of years for him.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)