Apr 20, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Yesterday I said that MLB waited until after 5pm to release the names of minor leaguers who were suspended for drugs. I think they’re messing with me now, because they released today’s at 3:38 PM. Anyway:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Los Angeles Dodgers Minor League pitcher Angel Guzman has received a 50-game suspension after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse.
Guzman hasn’t been in the majors since 2009. In early 2010 he tore all kinds of stuff in his shoulder, and spent last year in A-ball. Guess it’s been a bad couple of years for him.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)