Apr 20, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
If you still haven’t had quite enough — and some of those Clay Buchholz changeups were awfully tasty — here are a few more Fenway features for you:
First, the recap of the celebration.
Next, a slideshow of pics from the festivities. Because Kevin Millar’s frosted tips never get old.
And here’s CSNNE.com’s slideshow of Fenway Park through the years.
Also, the Red Sox did make it official: the pregame 35,000-plus person toast led by Millar and Pedro Martinez will make it into the Guinness Book of World Records. Unfortunately, the subsequent 30,000-plus person “We want Tito” chant that took place in the ninth isn’t expected to be recognized.
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 17
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)