Apr 20, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
If you still haven’t had quite enough — and some of those Clay Buchholz changeups were awfully tasty — here are a few more Fenway features for you:
First, the recap of the celebration.
Next, a slideshow of pics from the festivities. Because Kevin Millar’s frosted tips never get old.
And here’s CSNNE.com’s slideshow of Fenway Park through the years.
Also, the Red Sox did make it official: the pregame 35,000-plus person toast led by Millar and Pedro Martinez will make it into the Guinness Book of World Records. Unfortunately, the subsequent 30,000-plus person “We want Tito” chant that took place in the ninth isn’t expected to be recognized.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)