Apr 21, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
Joe Savery, a left-handed reliever, has been recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Kyle Kendrick will start in Lee’s place Monday.
The news comes with rough timing for the Phillies, who currently reside in fourth place in the National League East with a 7-7 record. Lee, 33, has registered a 1.96 ERA, 0.70 WHIP and 18/2 K/BB ratio in 23 inning this season. He’s likely to be sidelined for the next three weeks.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)