Apr 21, 2012, 8:03 PM EST
Joe Savery, a left-handed reliever, has been recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Kyle Kendrick will start in Lee’s place Monday.
The news comes with rough timing for the Phillies, who currently reside in fourth place in the National League East with a 7-7 record. Lee, 33, has registered a 1.96 ERA, 0.70 WHIP and 18/2 K/BB ratio in 23 inning this season. He’s likely to be sidelined for the next three weeks.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 10
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 71
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)