Apr 21, 2012, 8:03 PM EST
Joe Savery, a left-handed reliever, has been recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Kyle Kendrick will start in Lee’s place Monday.
The news comes with rough timing for the Phillies, who currently reside in fourth place in the National League East with a 7-7 record. Lee, 33, has registered a 1.96 ERA, 0.70 WHIP and 18/2 K/BB ratio in 23 inning this season. He’s likely to be sidelined for the next three weeks.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)