Apr 21, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
Joe Savery, a left-handed reliever, has been recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley in a corresponding 25-man roster move.
Kyle Kendrick will start in Lee’s place Monday.
The news comes with rough timing for the Phillies, who currently reside in fourth place in the National League East with a 7-7 record. Lee, 33, has registered a 1.96 ERA, 0.70 WHIP and 18/2 K/BB ratio in 23 inning this season. He’s likely to be sidelined for the next three weeks.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)