Apr 21, 2012, 9:15 PM EST
Jonathan Albaledejo, a right-handed reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Reno in a corresponding move.
The Snakes recently lost center fielder Chris Young for a couple of weeks due to a torn shoulder ligament and could now be without Hudson until late next month. It’s way early, but the Dodgers are off to an 11-3 start and the 7-7 Diamondbacks continue to lose stars.
Hudson, 25, registered a sparkling 3.49 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 169/50 K/BB ratio in 222 innings last season. This year, he had allowed 21 hits and 12 earned runs in 18 innings for a 6.00 ERA.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 16
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 59
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)