Apr 21, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
Jonathan Albaledejo, a right-handed reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Reno in a corresponding move.
The Snakes recently lost center fielder Chris Young for a couple of weeks due to a torn shoulder ligament and could now be without Hudson until late next month. It’s way early, but the Dodgers are off to an 11-3 start and the 7-7 Diamondbacks continue to lose stars.
Hudson, 25, registered a sparkling 3.49 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 169/50 K/BB ratio in 222 innings last season. This year, he had allowed 21 hits and 12 earned runs in 18 innings for a 6.00 ERA.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 2
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (92)