Apr 21, 2012, 9:15 PM EST
Jonathan Albaledejo, a right-handed reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Reno in a corresponding move.
The Snakes recently lost center fielder Chris Young for a couple of weeks due to a torn shoulder ligament and could now be without Hudson until late next month. It’s way early, but the Dodgers are off to an 11-3 start and the 7-7 Diamondbacks continue to lose stars.
Hudson, 25, registered a sparkling 3.49 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 169/50 K/BB ratio in 222 innings last season. This year, he had allowed 21 hits and 12 earned runs in 18 innings for a 6.00 ERA.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)