Apr 21, 2012, 9:15 PM EST
Jonathan Albaledejo, a right-handed reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Reno in a corresponding move.
The Snakes recently lost center fielder Chris Young for a couple of weeks due to a torn shoulder ligament and could now be without Hudson until late next month. It’s way early, but the Dodgers are off to an 11-3 start and the 7-7 Diamondbacks continue to lose stars.
Hudson, 25, registered a sparkling 3.49 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 169/50 K/BB ratio in 222 innings last season. This year, he had allowed 21 hits and 12 earned runs in 18 innings for a 6.00 ERA.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 30
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 28
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)