Apr 21, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
Jonathan Albaledejo, a right-handed reliever, was recalled from Triple-A Reno in a corresponding move.
The Snakes recently lost center fielder Chris Young for a couple of weeks due to a torn shoulder ligament and could now be without Hudson until late next month. It’s way early, but the Dodgers are off to an 11-3 start and the 7-7 Diamondbacks continue to lose stars.
Hudson, 25, registered a sparkling 3.49 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 169/50 K/BB ratio in 222 innings last season. This year, he had allowed 21 hits and 12 earned runs in 18 innings for a 6.00 ERA.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)