Apr 21, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
Humber has only thrown 70 pitches, so he should be able to go the distance if everything continues to roll his way.
The 29-year-old right-hander entered the afternoon outing with a 4.06 career ERA. He has fanned six M’s hitters. We’ll provide updates from here on out.
UPDATE, 6:07 PM: Humber struck out Justin Smoak to open the bottom of the eighth inning, got Kyle Seager to fly out to left field and induced a grounder to second base out of Gordon Beckham. He’s now three outs away from history and has hurled just 80 pitches.
UPDATE, 6:25 PM: Humber struck out Brendan Ryan to finish off the 19th perfect game in MLB history.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 115
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)