Apr 21, 2012, 6:01 PM EST
Humber has only thrown 70 pitches, so he should be able to go the distance if everything continues to roll his way.
The 29-year-old right-hander entered the afternoon outing with a 4.06 career ERA. He has fanned six M’s hitters. We’ll provide updates from here on out.
UPDATE, 6:07 PM: Humber struck out Justin Smoak to open the bottom of the eighth inning, got Kyle Seager to fly out to left field and induced a grounder to second base out of Gordon Beckham. He’s now three outs away from history and has hurled just 80 pitches.
UPDATE, 6:25 PM: Humber struck out Brendan Ryan to finish off the 19th perfect game in MLB history.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 26
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)