Apr 21, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs have placed right-hander Ryan Dempster on the disabled list with a quad strain. Dempster was considered questionable for Sunday’s scheduled start after undergoing an MRI yesterday.
Dempster is 0-1 through his first three starts, but holds a very impressive 1.33 ERA and 23/8 K/BB ratio over 20 innings. The 34-year-old right-hander had a 4.80 ERA and 191/82 over 202 1/3 innings last year.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)