Apr 21, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs have placed right-hander Ryan Dempster on the disabled list with a quad strain. Dempster was considered questionable for Sunday’s scheduled start after undergoing an MRI yesterday.
Dempster is 0-1 through his first three starts, but holds a very impressive 1.33 ERA and 23/8 K/BB ratio over 20 innings. The 34-year-old right-hander had a 4.80 ERA and 191/82 over 202 1/3 innings last year.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 15
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)