Apr 21, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs have placed right-hander Ryan Dempster on the disabled list with a quad strain. Dempster was considered questionable for Sunday’s scheduled start after undergoing an MRI yesterday.
Dempster is 0-1 through his first three starts, but holds a very impressive 1.33 ERA and 23/8 K/BB ratio over 20 innings. The 34-year-old right-hander had a 4.80 ERA and 191/82 over 202 1/3 innings last year.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)