Apr 21, 2012, 12:02 PM EST
Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs have placed right-hander Ryan Dempster on the disabled list with a quad strain. Dempster was considered questionable for Sunday’s scheduled start after undergoing an MRI yesterday.
Dempster is 0-1 through his first three starts, but holds a very impressive 1.33 ERA and 23/8 K/BB ratio over 20 innings. The 34-year-old right-hander had a 4.80 ERA and 191/82 over 202 1/3 innings last year.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)