Apr 21, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Cubs have placed right-hander Ryan Dempster on the disabled list with a quad strain. Dempster was considered questionable for Sunday’s scheduled start after undergoing an MRI yesterday.
Dempster is 0-1 through his first three starts, but holds a very impressive 1.33 ERA and 23/8 K/BB ratio over 20 innings. The 34-year-old right-hander had a 4.80 ERA and 191/82 over 202 1/3 innings last year.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)