Apr 21, 2012, 3:10 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman was expected to get the day off tomorrow, so it was a bit of a surprise to see Mark DeRosa run out to third base this afternoon against the Marlins. According to Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com, Zimmerman was a late-minute scratch due to mild right shoulder inflammation.
The team announced that Zimmerman has “no structural damage in the least,” though no MRI was performed. He is listed as day-to-day right now.
Zimmerman, 27, is hitting .224/.324/.345 with one home run, seven RBI and a .668 OPS through 68 plate appearances this season. He signed a six-year, $100 million extension in late February which will keep him with the Nationals through at least 2019.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 118
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 30
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 35
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (123)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)