Apr 21, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman was expected to get the day off tomorrow, so it was a bit of a surprise to see Mark DeRosa run out to third base this afternoon against the Marlins. According to Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com, Zimmerman was a late-minute scratch due to mild right shoulder inflammation.
The team announced that Zimmerman has “no structural damage in the least,” though no MRI was performed. He is listed as day-to-day right now.
Zimmerman, 27, is hitting .224/.324/.345 with one home run, seven RBI and a .668 OPS through 68 plate appearances this season. He signed a six-year, $100 million extension in late February which will keep him with the Nationals through at least 2019.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)