Apr 21, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
The Red Sox celebrated the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park yesterday with a touching pre-game ceremony. The game didn’t go nearly as smoothy, as the Red Sox lost 6-2 to the division-rival Yankees and have now dropped four straight to fall to 4-9 on the young season.
The New York Post decided to commemorate the occasion in typical New York Post fashion. Below is the cover of today’s paper. Stay classy, you guys.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 4
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)