Apr 21, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
The Red Sox celebrated the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park yesterday with a touching pre-game ceremony. The game didn’t go nearly as smoothy, as the Red Sox lost 6-2 to the division-rival Yankees and have now dropped four straight to fall to 4-9 on the young season.
The New York Post decided to commemorate the occasion in typical New York Post fashion. Below is the cover of today’s paper. Stay classy, you guys.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)