Apr 21, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
The Red Sox celebrated the 100th anniversary of Fenway Park yesterday with a touching pre-game ceremony. The game didn’t go nearly as smoothy, as the Red Sox lost 6-2 to the division-rival Yankees and have now dropped four straight to fall to 4-9 on the young season.
The New York Post decided to commemorate the occasion in typical New York Post fashion. Below is the cover of today’s paper. Stay classy, you guys.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 0
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 18
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 38
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 71
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4