Apr 22, 2012, 9:04 AM EST
“He didn’t feel quite right in that save situation last night,” Blue Jays manager John Farrell said after Saturday’s 9-5 victory over the Royals. “And as the evening progressed, he felt more tightness throughout the night. He woke up [Saturday] morning with that inflammation kind of rearing its head.”
The Jays are confident that Santos will be ready to return as soon as his 15 days are up. An offseason trade acquisition from the White Sox, he’s registered a disappointing 9.00 ERA and 2.00 WHIP in five innings thus far, converting just 2-of-4 save opportunities. Perhaps the rest will help his effectiveness.
The Royals also lost an important reliever on Saturday, placing Greg Holland on the DL with a rib injury.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 7
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 42
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)