Apr 22, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
“He didn’t feel quite right in that save situation last night,” Blue Jays manager John Farrell said after Saturday’s 9-5 victory over the Royals. “And as the evening progressed, he felt more tightness throughout the night. He woke up [Saturday] morning with that inflammation kind of rearing its head.”
The Jays are confident that Santos will be ready to return as soon as his 15 days are up. An offseason trade acquisition from the White Sox, he’s registered a disappointing 9.00 ERA and 2.00 WHIP in five innings thus far, converting just 2-of-4 save opportunities. Perhaps the rest will help his effectiveness.
The Royals also lost an important reliever on Saturday, placing Greg Holland on the DL with a rib injury.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (118)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)