Apr 22, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
“He didn’t feel quite right in that save situation last night,” Blue Jays manager John Farrell said after Saturday’s 9-5 victory over the Royals. “And as the evening progressed, he felt more tightness throughout the night. He woke up [Saturday] morning with that inflammation kind of rearing its head.”
The Jays are confident that Santos will be ready to return as soon as his 15 days are up. An offseason trade acquisition from the White Sox, he’s registered a disappointing 9.00 ERA and 2.00 WHIP in five innings thus far, converting just 2-of-4 save opportunities. Perhaps the rest will help his effectiveness.
The Royals also lost an important reliever on Saturday, placing Greg Holland on the DL with a rib injury.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)