Apr 22, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
“He didn’t feel quite right in that save situation last night,” Blue Jays manager John Farrell said after Saturday’s 9-5 victory over the Royals. “And as the evening progressed, he felt more tightness throughout the night. He woke up [Saturday] morning with that inflammation kind of rearing its head.”
The Jays are confident that Santos will be ready to return as soon as his 15 days are up. An offseason trade acquisition from the White Sox, he’s registered a disappointing 9.00 ERA and 2.00 WHIP in five innings thus far, converting just 2-of-4 save opportunities. Perhaps the rest will help his effectiveness.
The Royals also lost an important reliever on Saturday, placing Greg Holland on the DL with a rib injury.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 12
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?