Apr 22, 2012, 10:52 AM EST
The Giants announced Saturday that second baseman Freddy Sanchez will begin an injury rehabilitation assignment Monday with Class A San Jose in the hope that he will be able to perform defensively by the middle of the week.
Sanchez will be limited to DH duties initially as he continues to build strength around his surgically-repaired right shoulder. He should join the Giants’ starting lineup about a week after he’s cleared to begin playing second base in minor league rehab games.
Sanchez hasn’t played in a major league game since June 10, 2011. He’s a .297/.335/.413 career hitter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)