Apr 22, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
The 34-year-old righty has been throwing regular bullpen sessions in anticipation of joining a team at some point this summer. Whether he’s ready to sign now or wants to continue waiting remains to be seen, and probably depends largely on the size of the contract offers he’s currently receiving.
Boston’s need is obvious given the team’s troubling 4-10 record and last-ranked 6.68 staff ERA.
And with Chris Carpenter still out indefinitely, the Cardinals also make sense as a landing spot.
Oswalt registered a 3.69 ERA, 1.34 WHIP and 93/33 K/BB ratio in 139 innings last season for the Phillies.
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 1
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 13
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 30
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 65
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 84
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)