Apr 22, 2012, 4:05 PM EST
There will be no Sunday Night Baseball.
Tim Britton of the Providence Journal reports that this evening’s series finale between the Yankees and Red Sox has been postponed due to rainy conditions around Boston’s Fenway Park.
The Giants and Mets and the Marlins and Nationals also had the day off as nasty weather set in across most of the northeastern United States. Some towns are even bracing for several inches of snow.
Sunday night’s ESPN broadcast would have been great theater given Boston’s early struggles, the recent drama surrounding new manager Bobby Valentine, and the presence of former skipper Terry Francona in the World Wide Leader’s booth. The game has not yet been rescheduled but that should change soon.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (129)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)