Apr 22, 2012, 4:05 PM EST
There will be no Sunday Night Baseball.
Tim Britton of the Providence Journal reports that this evening’s series finale between the Yankees and Red Sox has been postponed due to rainy conditions around Boston’s Fenway Park.
The Giants and Mets and the Marlins and Nationals also had the day off as nasty weather set in across most of the northeastern United States. Some towns are even bracing for several inches of snow.
Sunday night’s ESPN broadcast would have been great theater given Boston’s early struggles, the recent drama surrounding new manager Bobby Valentine, and the presence of former skipper Terry Francona in the World Wide Leader’s booth. The game has not yet been rescheduled but that should change soon.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 18
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 27
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 29
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)