Apr 22, 2012, 4:05 PM EDT
There will be no Sunday Night Baseball.
Tim Britton of the Providence Journal reports that this evening’s series finale between the Yankees and Red Sox has been postponed due to rainy conditions around Boston’s Fenway Park.
The Giants and Mets and the Marlins and Nationals also had the day off as nasty weather set in across most of the northeastern United States. Some towns are even bracing for several inches of snow.
Sunday night’s ESPN broadcast would have been great theater given Boston’s early struggles, the recent drama surrounding new manager Bobby Valentine, and the presence of former skipper Terry Francona in the World Wide Leader’s booth. The game has not yet been rescheduled but that should change soon.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)