Apr 22, 2012, 4:05 PM EDT
There will be no Sunday Night Baseball.
Tim Britton of the Providence Journal reports that this evening’s series finale between the Yankees and Red Sox has been postponed due to rainy conditions around Boston’s Fenway Park.
The Giants and Mets and the Marlins and Nationals also had the day off as nasty weather set in across most of the northeastern United States. Some towns are even bracing for several inches of snow.
Sunday night’s ESPN broadcast would have been great theater given Boston’s early struggles, the recent drama surrounding new manager Bobby Valentine, and the presence of former skipper Terry Francona in the World Wide Leader’s booth. The game has not yet been rescheduled but that should change soon.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)