Apr 22, 2012, 4:05 PM EDT
There will be no Sunday Night Baseball.
Tim Britton of the Providence Journal reports that this evening’s series finale between the Yankees and Red Sox has been postponed due to rainy conditions around Boston’s Fenway Park.
The Giants and Mets and the Marlins and Nationals also had the day off as nasty weather set in across most of the northeastern United States. Some towns are even bracing for several inches of snow.
Sunday night’s ESPN broadcast would have been great theater given Boston’s early struggles, the recent drama surrounding new manager Bobby Valentine, and the presence of former skipper Terry Francona in the World Wide Leader’s booth. The game has not yet been rescheduled but that should change soon.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)